September 7, 2012
The full agenda for the all-day symposium, "SLAC: The Next 50 Years," was as follows:
1. Welcome remarks by Michael Peskin (SLAC)
2. “Nanoscale Materials Science,” by Paul Alivisatos (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory)
3. “Next-Generation X-Ray Analyses,” by Francesco Sette (European Synchrotron Radiation Facility)
4. “Particle Physics: The Higgs Boson and Beyond,” by Andreas Hoecker (CERN)
5. “Dark Matter,” by Jonathan Feng (University of California-Irvine)
6. “The High-Energy Universe,” by Rene Ong (University of California-Los Angeles)
7. “The Future of Highest-Energy Accelerators,” by Frank Zimmermann (CERN)
8. “The Future of the Brightest X-Ray Sources,” by Zhirong Huang (SLAC)
9. “Single-Molecule Imaging,” by Henry Chapman (DESY)
10. “Opportunities and Challenges for a Sustainable Energy Future,” keynote address by U.S. Secretary of Energy Steven Chu
To watch any of the presentations, visit SLAC's video playlist on YouTube.
In addition, many of the presentation slides are available for download in PDF form from the SLAC 50th anniversary website.